This early postcard shows a view of the Ulster Tower from Connaught Cemetery. The Sunken Road separating the cemetery and the tower.
Connaught has the original wooden crosses which are now the white Portland headstones.
On the 1st July 1916 men of the 36th (Ulster) Division made their historic charge from Thiepval Wood or the Bois de Authuille across the Sunken Road and towards the German lines.
Connaught Cemetery was made during the early autumn of 1916 and today contains 1,268 Commonwealth soldiers of the First World War.