The Ulster Tower was constructed by London firm Fanning & Company, in conjunction with the Société de Constructions et Travaux Publics d’Arras, with the stone being brought from a quarry south of Paris.
This image was taken during the summer of 1921 and by September the tower was nearly complete. Sir James Craig now felt confident enough that it would be ready, and the Dedication and Opening ceremonies were set for the 19thNovember 1921.
The Lord Primate of All Ireland was to perform the Dedication ceremony and Sir Edward Carson was to officially Open the Ulster Tower.
Image: Belfast Telegraph 1921