A total of 46 trees were planted on the 19th November 1921. One of these was planted on behalf of the 14th Battalion Royal Irish Rifles (YCV) by Major Mulholland, Sergeant J Shields and Sergeant J Kenning.
This image shows the YCV party at the tree in 1927. It includes J Long who would go on to be the Quartermaster.
The other photograph is a view of the Ulster Tower taken from the ridge above Hamel.